The Wafer Charging Bulletin
Wafer Charging Monitors, Inc.|
- For viewing, we recommend you set your monitor to 256 or more colors and use Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher. (If you do not have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader version 4.0 or higher, you can download a free copy using the link provided near the bottom of this page.)
- For printing, we suggest you use a color printer. (The wafer maps may not come out as clear and readable in black-and-white as they do in color.)
Full text can be downloaded in PDF format and viewed with Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher. (You can download a free copy of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader by using the link at the bottom of this page.)
||Vol. 6, No. 1 (Summer 2003) |
Automated ChargeMap ready for release!
Feature Article: Electron-shading effects in plasmas and high-current ion implanters.
· Uniform vs. non-uniform plasmas
· When there is no resist -- sputter pre-cleans
· PFS-equipped high-current ion implanters
||Vol. 5, No. 1 (Summer 2002) |
Feature Article: Sources of Plasma Charging Damage in High Density Etchers
· Non-Uniform Plasma -- top-to-bottom power ratio too low
· Improperly Adjusted Lifter Pins -- yield loss in center of wafer
· Monopolar Electrostatic Clamping -- plasma ignite and ESC sequencing
· Non-Uniform RF in High-Temperature ESC -- dielectric thickness variation
· Non-Uniform RF Due to Large Particle on ESC -- 100-200 um Si particle
· Baffle for Down Stream Etcher -- blocking ions and UV
UV and Charging During Via Etch Cause EPROM Charge Loss (NBTI mechanism)
Free Fluorine Involved in Charging Damage in a RF/MW Plasma Asher
||Vol. 4, No. 2 (Fall 2001) |
CHARM-2 improves 300 mm tools!
Feature Article: Guidelines for interpreting CHARM-2 data.
· Approaches to reducing/eliminating charging damage.
· How to compare tools/processes.
· Is your process safe?
· What about UV?
· Process optimization and DOE.
||Vol. 4, No. 1 (Summer 2001) |
WCM expands in-house test capability!
Feature Article: Typical charging patterns and what they mean.
· Systematic pattern of a simple non-uniform plasma.
· Random pattern of an unstable plasma.
· Complex pattern of a multiple charging-event plasma process.
News from the ECS Semiconductor Technology Conference in Shanghai.
CHARM-2 application procedures for all kinds of plasma equipment.
||Vol. 3, No. 1 (Fall 2000) |
Latest ChargeMap completely automates CHARM-2 data analysis!
WCM improves turn-around with new in-house test facility.
New "maximum-response" CHARM-2 measures worst-case charging.
Electron shading or plasma non-uniformity -- which is the real culprit?
CHARM-2 procedures for ashing, implant, etching, and deposition.
||Vol. 2, No. 2 (Fall 1999) |
Relating CHARM®-2 results to implant and plasma damage
· Effect of test structure -- CHARM®-2 compared to SPIDER-MEM
· Effect of device physics -- N vs. P channel, well vs. substrate, UV
· Effect of evolving device structure at each step in process
Follow this link to the Adobe web site to download free copy of Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.